Hugin Advisor 2.5 is now available. Many errors have been fixed and much new functionality is provided.
* Source control: it is now possible to have a central repository controlling the access of multiple simultaneous knowledge engineers, and the different versions of a model.
* Graph Viewer: from the View/Graph menu, a graphical view of the model can be obtained.
* There is now a global recursive search and replace function under the File menu that can be used to search / replace text in all models in a directory.
* Symptom question probabilities can now be edited directly in the overview table by clicking on the probability.
* Actions can now be forced to always occur at the end of the sequence.
* The user interface of the Author can be completely translated to any desired (8-bit) language using the “uitags.lng” file.
* It is now possible to specify that an action can only be suggested if question 1 OR question 2 has been answered, as opposed to before, where only “AND” relations were possible.
* It is now possible to choose a subset of states for questions that must be or cannot be asked before another step. This functionality can be accessed by double-clicking the question on the “only after” or “not after” list.
* Text Export now also exports links between causes and steps, probabilities and constraints.
* Constraints (only after / not after) are now checked in infinite depth.
* New tool for administrating the source control repository. Hugin Advisor Web Edition News The Report Generator has been extended with new reports. Currently available reports are:
* Frequency of usage for models
* Frequency of successful solution for models
* Frequency of the various diagnoses / root causes for models
* Frequency of the various solutions being used for models
New reports are regularly being added, based on the very rich data available in the Hugin Advisor database. All ideas for new reports are welcome.
The Hugin Advisor Web Server itself has been further optimised such that it now is approximately 20-40 times faster than last year, and also has a much smaller memory footprint. In addition it has been extended with new capabilities for the user interface (e.g., simple HTML model selection).