Release 2.4 of Hugin Advisor is now available. In this release, we have added many new tools and much new functionality.
* Hugin Advisor Adaptor, for training models from logged sessions.
* Hugin Advisor Translator, for translating the text of models.
* Hugin Advisor RefKeyword, for linking questions with external data for use with Hugin Advisor Server.
Major New Functionality
* Multi-language extension such that a Hugin Advisor model is now separate from its text. The text can be translated into different languages with the Translator, and the different language-versions of the model can be selected in the Troubleshooter.
* Unicode extensions such that the Troubleshooter as well as the Translator now supports Unicode languages such as Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, Russian, etc.
* New supermodel functionality allowing the seamless and transparent combination of models into hierarchies that are controlled by a single top model, the “supermodel”. This provides for a highly efficient way to construct very large scale models with thousands of causes and steps.
Minor New Functionality
* It is now possible to specify the risk of misdiagnosing a cause, and this will be taken into account when selecting steps. This is particularly useful in medical applications.
New Demonstration Models
* New demonstration model for the supermodel functionality called “Print Quality”. The supermodel troubleshoots common print quality problems and consists of 9 models in total.
* The “Bad Coffee” model has been extended to demonstrate the multi-language functionality, such that it is now available in English, Danish, French, Dutch, Norwegian and Chinese. To edit the languages, open “Demo/Bad Coffee.lng” with the Translator, and try running “Bad Coffee” with the Troubleshooter and change the language.
* New demonstration model for “headache” under “Demo/Headache”. This is an example of a model using the new risk of misdiagnosis cost factor.
Decision Support Server News
* A Flash-based user interface has been added to the Hugin Advisor Server, allowing a graphical and user-friendly access to Hugin Advisor through a web browser.
To learn more about the new Hugin Advisor release v. 2.4, you will be able to download our demo version here.